for the Waste Management, Construction Material and Tourism Industries
In 2005 I started working as a freelance translator for in the subject areas of waste management, construction materials as well as tourism and hospitality. I have more than 25 years of experience in translation and writing.
I mainly work with the MemoQ CAT tool and translate an average of 2000 words per day.
- Translation of company profiles. technical manuals for large-scale plants, electronic vehicles and product specifications in the construction and waste management industries
- Translation of hotel descriptions, touristic highlights, websites and press releases in the tourism industry
- Localisation of documents for the needs of different national target groups
- Translation of a 79-page operation and maintenance manual of an electrically powered Peugeot waste disposal truck
- Translation of the operating principle of a waste incinerator plant for the disposal of urban waste
- Translation of product descriptions and application manuals for roof waterproofing and siding panel systems
- Translation of touristic highlights in Malta, including the description of artwork in St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral in Valletta
- Editing and proofreading of monolingual study booklets for the University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg
- Translation of terms of transportation and general terms and conditions for airlines
1994-1996 Translation traineeship at Profect (Petra Schlupp), currently located in Shrivenham, Wiltshire
1996-1997 MA European Studies, University of Exeter, Exeter
1992-1995 BA(Hons) International Relations, Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent.